MEASURES TO REDUCE RISK OF INFECTION BY CORONAVIRUS*
Sterling Realty Management is taking extraordinary care to ensure public safety during the pandemic. This includes adopting government and health agency required and recommended procedures, as well as taking additional measures when we discover opportunities to implement proven or promising new technologies. For example, we are applying long-term antibacterial and antivirus treatments to high-touch and high-traffic areas, and installing air purification systems in common areas.
At the same time, we are asking everyone to help reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 at our communities by continuing to be aware of their surroundings and practicing precautionary measures to remain safe and healthy. This includes observing social distancing and following all other guidelines recommended by the CDC and required by local ordinance.
ADOPTING REQUIRED AND RECOMMENDED PROCEDURES
We adopted and continue to comply with required and recommended procedures published by federal, state and local authorities, and we follow applicable procedures recommended by health organizations. We further adopted the multi-family industry’s recommended best-practices. These all include:
- Planning for proper social distancing by removing or separating furniture and establishing clear entry and exit points.
- Encouraging communication by phone and email unless necessary under the circumstances.
- Equipping our onsite teams and websites with tools and technology to ensure virtual tour and leasing experiences are as valuable for potential residents as in-person experiences.
- Establishing new protocols for pre-inspections and apartment make-ready processes and establishing a phased approach for service requests.
- Limiting access to or closing amenity spaces and common areas (in accordance with local regulations and recommendations) to decrease exposure risk.
- Enacting and enforcing face mask and social distancing protocols, as well as requiring self-quarantining protocols for staff, and providing self-quarantining guidelines to residents who have or potentially have been exposed to Covid-19.
- Engaging professional cleaning contractors to perform frequent deep-cleaning of surfaces in interior common areas and elements of exterior amenities.
- Providing documentation and instruction by displaying physical signage, distributing emails to communicate the above measures and make finding information easy.
LONG-TERM DISINFECTION WITH MICROSHIELD 360
To enhance cleaning procedures at our communities, we began utilizing Microshield360 – a unique system that is proven to kill germs and viruses broadly for an extended period of time.
Microshield360 is a:
- Best-in-class cleaning system and application that’s trusted not only in the multi-family apartment industry, but also used in schools, construction sites, and aircraft.
- Preventative application system that is non-toxic to humans and pets.
- Product that can be sprayed on to any hard or soft surface and has been proven effective for up to a year.
In an effort to reduce the risk of contracting harmful pathogens, we deployed this proactive measure across all our communities while continuing the more frequent cleaning regimen implemented in response to the pandemic.
AIR PURIFICATION WITH HEPA FILTRATION AND OZONE-FREE IONIZATION
To further enhance measures taken to reduce the risk of contracting Covid-19, we implemented air purification methods recommended by a leading HVAC equipment manufacturer. The systems we selected for installation at our communities are the same ones utilized by healthcare organizations, food processing facilities, and schools. These systems have the ability to filter or neutralize pathogens, bacteria, molds and odors.
Air purification in interior common areas that experience the highest level of traffic is accomplished with portable, medical-grade Austin Air portable HEPA filtration systems. Efforts to purify interior air at 755 Broad Apartments also include use of ozone-free ionization. These systems include:
- REME HALO® Photohydroionization air purification is utilized in all interior common areas serviced by central forced-air HVAC system, including the main entry lobby; the community clubroom; and the fitness center. Note that the walkways to individual apartments are open-air, so no additional measures are necessary in those areas.
- Schindler’s CleanAir Ion bipolar ionization air purification system is utilized in elevator interiors.
Both photohydroionization and bipolar ionization air purification processes are ozone-free, and non-toxic to humans and pets.
While some contemporary articles that can be found on the web state that ionization air purification has only been tested by manufacturers and so is an unproven science, please note the disclaimer at the bottom of the webpage on RGF Environmental Group’s test results air, and then judge for yourself:
“[Tests] were conducted by independent accredited labs and university studies. Studies were funded and conducted by RGF’s major clients to assure third party credibility.”
*Sterling Realty Management implements preventive measures for purposes of reducing the risk of the spread of COVID-19 among residents, guests, prospective residents, vendors, and our team members. However, we do not guarantee or warrant against the risk of infection.